Always remain updated about current software development trends

Articles in HTML5 CSS

Server Side Mustard Cut

In this article we'll look at how useful client-side "mustard cutting" is and look at a technique where saving that information to a cookie so it can be used server-side can be useful. Server Side Mustard Cutis a post fromCSS-Tricks

Tutorial: Creating an NPM-driven Website

In this tutorial, we will show you how you can use npm to develop a small web application. We will start from scratch - we will set up a package.json, install a bunch of libraries and make things work nicely together.

Get an Absolute URL with JavaScript

Read the full article at:Get an Absolute URL with JavaScript Read the full article at: Get an Absolute URL with JavaScript Dealing with URL formats can be a real nightmare. \xa0Think of how just a few characters can effect a URL’s absolute endpoint:...

Choose a Random Option based on a Range

I have three options and I need to randomly pick one (in JavaScript). But notequallyrandom. I want there to be a 10% chance of the first option, 20% chance of the second one, and 70% chance of the third. Here are some ways to do that. Imagine the data is...

WebRTC in Firefox 38: Multistream and renegotiation

Building on the JSEP (Javascript Session Establishment Protocol) engine rewrite introduced in 37, Firefox 38 now has support for multistream (multiple tracks of the same type in a single PeerConnection), and renegotiation (multiple offer/answer exchanges in...

SVG Animations Using CSS and Snap.svg

Read the full article at:SVG Animations Using CSS and Snap.svg Read the full article at: SVG Animations Using CSS and Snap.svg Today I wanted to share with you the ease of animation in SVG with the tools we have available to us today. SVG is still one...

Numeric Inputs – A Comparison of Browser Defaults

The spec, purposefully, stops short of telling implementations (browsers) how to handle UI. In this article we're looking specifically at<input type="number">, and you might be surprised to learn that the specspecifically says: This specification does...

Understanding the CSS box model for inline elements

In a web page, every element is rendered as a rectangular box. The box model describes how the element’s content, padding, border, and margin determine the space occupied by the element and its relation to other elements in the page. Depending on the...

13 Factors to Consider While Choosing a JavaScript Charting Library

Read the full article at:13 Factors to Consider While Choosing a JavaScript Charting Library Read the full article at: 13 Factors to Consider While Choosing a JavaScript Charting Library Before starting your search for a charting library, you need to know...

Remove Multiple New Lines with JavaScript

Read the full article at:Remove Multiple New Lines with JavaScript Read the full article at: Remove Multiple New Lines with JavaScript I’m blessed in that lots of people want to guest post on this blog. \xa0It’s really flattering and I love...